DIGITAL RESOURCE CENTRE
This innovative program aims to bridge the digital divide between students of rural and urban India in an effort to further the Government of India’s Digital India Mission.
The Digital Resource Centre (DRC) is located at the nodal village Rajola Kalan in Pali district of Western Rajasthan. Students from rural areas located within a distance of 10-15 Kilometer radius from the DRC shall be able to participate in the education, training and skill development activities conducted and facilitated here by IN-DEED Foundation.
The overall objective is to impart digital literacy and IT skills to rural children while also helping to improve quality of education, learning outcomes and academic performance of school students in 12 villages in Jodhpur and Pali districts of Western Rajasthan.
The program is supported by Aditya Birla Insurance Brokers Ltd. (a group company of Aditya Birla Capital Ltd.) and implemented by IN-DEED Foundation.
- E-infrastructure: 20 Desktop PCs, 15 Laptops, Smart Board and high-speed Internet connection
- Teaching Learning Materials, books, magazines and resources
- Qualified, Full-time Teaching Fellow to conduct IT, MS Office skills and digital literacy training
- Training in computer basics and MS Office skills with practical experiential learning giving time for practice on individual PCs
- Digital Literacy (Bridging the digital divide): developing capability to search and access relevant information through the Internet, raising awareness about digital modes of payment, motivating people for adoption of online modes for utility bill payments, travel bookings, money transfer, sale & purchase of goods
- Learning curriculum subjects using Audio-Visual tools (Smart-Board)
- Online classes & E-learning
- Extra curricular activities
- Library and reference books
- Dedicated space in the village for students and youth to study and learn without disturbance
• Students will Learn to use Computers through Practical Experience
• Knowledge of MS Office Tools & IT skills
• Spread of Digital Literacy in target rural areas
• Improved Learning & Understanding of difficult curriculum topics
• Improved Performance in Examinations
• Enhanced Confidence and Employability